Friday, December 28, 2007

Children's Museum and Artie's




We started today off with the great idea to go to the Manhattan Children's Museum- and then soon realized that everyone in Manhattan had that same idea. The holidays in NYC are very um..."crowded" for lack of a better word. You should not live here if you have any tendencies toward claustrophobia whatsoever. It seems that everywhere we have gone in the last week has been uncomfortably tight- even just walking on the street. We did end up having a good time at the museum regardless. While we were in the "infant section" Marc leaned over and whispered "hey, isn't that Hillary Swank over there?" About 10 feet away playing with her daughter on the ground was Jennifer Garner. Okay, so he did not get the name right but I was pretty impressed with his star detecting capabilities regardless. That is another entertaining part of living in NYC. Celebrity spotting. Every time I spot one I am reminded of how grateful I am to be able to live an anonymous life free from the harassment they face. Speaking of faces, I had to post this picture of Owen taken at Artie's Diner (a sandwich shop around the corner from the museum). We discovered today that he likes pickles. It may not seem that way from the pictures but it is true- he sucked on that pickle for another 15 minutes after these pictures were taken.

0 comments: