
I have been anxious to see the New York City Ballet perform the Nutcracker for the past three years. So, you can imagine my delight when the girls received tickets to Balenchine's Nutcracker from Santa in their stockings. Obviously, the girls would need some chaperones to this event....and Marc and I were happy to oblige :).
Owen stayed with a babysitter. I wasn't sure of how he would respond. He has been able to make it through several Broadway productions- but those have dialogue and a lot of action. The ballet is different, and not exactly 3-year-old boy friendly.
The production was unexpectedly amazing. I mean, I knew it would be fantastic, but I was absolutely in awe of the set, the costumes, the choreography and the music. Even the concert hall which houses the production is breathtaking. I thoroughly enjoyed this special evening out with Marc and the girls. It will be remembered as one of my favorite outings of 2009.







4 comments:
So glad you loved it. It is really amazing, isn't it?!
So incredible! I would love to do the same thing with annabelle, someday!
Your photos are just as lovely as the first two. Looks like you are having some fun with your new camera.
I wanted to go to the ballet every year we were there and never did-alas there are lots of things we never did..Lucky girls!
Post a Comment