After watching this video last week, Marc did the marshmallow experiment with Owen.
We later watched the video as a family and talked about what it means to "continue in patience."
This morning, as we were eating breakfast Owen asked if he could have one of his beloved chocolate milk boxed drinks from the pantry.
I answered that he could, but he would have to finish his breakfast first.
His face then immediately brightened up, and he replied, "Oh, mom!!! How about you set the timer....I will wait, and then get TWO chocolate milks!"
He was quite hopeful that his magical timer experience would be treat universal. At least I know half of the lesson sank in :).
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Good things come to those who wait
Posted by Theresa at 8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's awesome!
We did this to Hunter and Mason last night for fhe and it was SO funny to watch them during the 15 minutes. We used a cookie instead of a marshmallow. As soon as I put the plate in front of Mason he grabbed at the cookie and was about to take a bite when I reminded him that if he waited he could have 2. They both sat looking at their cookies and did well for about 3 minutes. Then they both started licking their cookies. While Mason was in the process of licking his cookie a crumb came off his cookie and he ate the crumb. Then he started picking off small crumbs off his cookie until he eventually started getting bigger chunks and then his cookie was gone. Hunter lasted the whole 15 minutes, with just licking his cookie. I didn't think that broke the rules. Thanks for sharing that it was a great fhe lesson!
That is hilarious! I wish the timer-magic worked for me, too, Owen!
Missing your updates:) HOpe all is well with you and your family!
Your blog followers miss you. It's been a while for your blog. What's new? I know you keep up on facebook more than blogger but I rarely get on facebook.
https://www.cekaja.com/produk-asuransi/news/163900-perbedaan-asuransi-mobil-tlo-dan-all-risk-dan-manfaat-keduanya.html
Post a Comment