Oh, I miss the days of living in Ohio. That is one awesome state to live in if you are really into political commercials. Every four years almost the entirety of the prime-time commercial break is dedicated to the presidential hopefuls battling it out. It is one of the swingy-est of swing states, and every politician fights a bloody battle in Ohio. When I headed to the polls in 2004 I really felt for the first time that my vote would truly be counted. I was even exit-polled as I headed out (for the first and only time in my life).
Living in Utah and New York is kind of a political yawner. I knew in Utah my presidential vote would have little bearing on the election. The state is more Republican than McCain. I know here in NY my vote will have little bearing as well. Being the exact political opposite of UT, it would take a miracle akin to the parting of the East River for McCain to come out victorious here in NY on Tuesday. Obama will win all 31 electoral votes....by a crushing landslide.
Of course, I will still vote. I always do. I will bring my kids along for the first time. We will get to bond a little closer as we stand in line for 4 hours (oh, I hope not that long!). I am hoping they will have an express line for people with two kids or more.
Count your lucky stars if you live somewhere like: Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, New Mexico, Nevada, Washington, and New Hampshire. If you live in one of these states, VOTE! Please.....pretty please? I will come and watch your kids so you don't have to take them along for 4 hours-K?
Of course, if you live in any other state, you need to vote too. I can't promise free babysitting for you though- you are on your own.
Oh, I wish that Romney was still in this one.......
*just voted....I was in line for less than 20 minutes. There were only 2 people in front of me (don't ask me why it took 20 minutes when there were only two people in front of me- I have no answer for that). Anyway, don't be intimidated by the lines- vote! The girls loved pulling the lever and helping me push the switches. Thanks for watching Owen, Holly!
Monday, November 3, 2008
You had better do it
Posted by Theresa at 6:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I agree! And I wish I lived in one of those states so you would watch my kids. I'll take free babysitting anytime and anyway. :)
Your last line is so true. My sentiments exactly. Wish Mitt were still in. What if McCain had chosen him for vice? Would this be a different race or what?
Wait...are you saying that you are NOT voting for Obama? :)
We aren't in any of those States, but at least we got to vote on Prop 8.
mccain got at least one PA vote today! i voted in my neighbor's basement (that was a surprise), the machine was broken, and after an hour wait with 3 people ahead of me, i cast my "emergency" paper ballot. cross your fingers!
Hey Chenn Family, love the pictures and looking forward to staying in touch!
Hey Theresa! I took my boys with me to vote ON PURPOSE because I wanted them to have/see the experience. It was awesome! This very kind black republican woman helped with the kids while I oriented myself to the slot machine (so weird). I got a kick out of Noah's interest and questions. I've been talking to him about the importance of voting and the historical significance of this particular election. He asked me who I was voting for (I said Romney...ditto) and then I asked him who he would vote for. He promptly replied, "Obama, because he's a new color!" That's one for the journal :)
Love,
Annalee
Your family is beautiful and I love keeping up with your adventures.
Post a Comment