Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

When we got back from the Museum the kids were excited to find our Christmas Tree had arrived. This year, we decided to order our tree online. We have a little more room in our new place, which made a full-sized tree possible. As I researched places to purchase a tree here in NYC, I came across this sustainable tree farm in New Hampshire with prices comparable to what I could find on the streets here in Manhattan. And being the car-less people that we are, not having to schlep the tree home on the subway made the deal even sweeter.

Here it is in all of its glory, right out of the box.

Marc shaking the tree out, and getting it ready for the tree stand. The Reindeer are looking on, eager to try their hand at decorating.
Marc and I trying to get the tree to stand up straight, under the direction of Maddy and Eva. Five and six-year-olds are excellent direction givers.

Eva- "Go left, mom"
Madeline- "No... right, Eva"
Eva- "Oh, yeah, right"

The girls loved helping to decorate. Our miniature fake tree last year took a tumble (courtesy of a very curious Owen) and many of our decorations didn't survive the fall. So, this year, the ornaments were a little sparse. But, I am still happy with how it turned out, and I am loving the real Christmas tree smell!

5 comments:

BeastieBoy said...

Very nice! I love your tree! At least you got to put yours up with family. Brady was in the computer room working on papers and catering job orders whilst I merrily decorated our tree all alone! :-( LOL....okay fine. He helped put the tinsel on the tree.

Lizzie said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! How fun to have a big tree!

Maria Petrova said...

wooooooooow :) :) :)

Mel said...

Love the awesome headbands:) what a great idea to have the tree delivered..... so much easier:)

julia said...

a tree in the mail. that's genious.