Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eva is 6

Hiding excitement can be difficult at times for Eva :). Eva turned 6 at the end of September. Like Owen, she had a small family party. Eva wanted a bunny party. "Hoppy Birthday" signs decorated our apartment.
Eva wanted a bunny cake. My birthday falls right around Easter (actually I was born ON Easter once upon a time) and I have a vivid memory of my mom making me this exact same cake- probably when I was around Eva's age. Mine had licorice whiskers and jellybean eyes- a giant pink bowtie and coconut "fur."
We made Eva's with home-made whipped cream frosting, and a fruit face. The flaming whiskers were actually Uncle Mason's idea. He was here visiting the week before her birthday and made the suggestion- and it stuck. Eva wouldn't have anything but flaming whiskers.



Eva received a cute pink sweatshirt from Grandma and Grandpa Chenn, which has quickly become here favorite wardrobe piece.


She also received a sticker book from Grandma and Grandpa Chenn, which has provided hours of entertainment.

Eva was just a wee bit excited about her new baseball glove from mom and dad. Happy Birthday Eva! We love you so, so much.

1 comments:

Halley said...

I love the flaming whiskers. Those pictures are hilarious, she just couldn't contain her excitement. What a great birthday girl. Give her hugs for me!