After Owen's 3rd birthday, I knew his first visit to the dentist was fast approaching. I was a little hesitant to schedule this appointment, because Owen has never been a super cooperative teeth-brusher. Some nights he willingly lets me "tickle his teeth" if I concoct an elaborate story line that involves him acting out the part of a baby dinosaur. But, more often than not, it is a fight to get into his mouth, and do a thorough job. I had visions of a fiery dentist chair temper tantrum when I tried to imagine how this would all play out.
But, to my surprise, he had a fantastic inaugural dental experience. He wasn't too keen on the x-ray machine (as you can tell from this picture), but overall he totally impressed me with his behavior.
"Yep, no cavities!" Owen cracked the dentist up when he made this exclamation while she was letting him play with her tools.
The girls both had an appointment during this same visit, and I was so glad to have them there to show Owen how easy and non-scary a dentist appointment can be. Thankfully, we are all still cavity free!
I can't believe my "baby" is old enough to visit the dentist!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who has trouble brushing my toddlers teeth. They are furry- seriously. When he is willing he only wants to do it himself- not very productive. I did buy a kids electric toothbrush that is a novelty for him and I feel like his teeth get some "brushing action" that way.
Glad the dentist visit went well. We'll see how Jack's goes soon :)
Wow...he did awesome! That's great that his sisters are such good role models. Drew balls his eyes out every time I bring him to the dentist with me. I think he thinks they're hurting me. I don't even want to imagine what his first visit will be like.
Post a Comment