My baby is 4. I can't believe it.

We had a small little party for Owen. He invited his best friend, and we kept it simple. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he stated, "bananas and tomatoes." What a healthy birthday boy. We ordered gyoza, sushi and pizza for the rest of us :)
He also wanted a spiderman cake, so, I channeled my professional cooking skills and delivered. That may be just a round cake with a melted chocolate chip spiderweb piped onto it, and a strategically placed plastic spiderman from Target, but to Owen it was perfection.
See...he can't keep his hands off of it.
Eva was the proud candle placer.
Fire + Spiderman = 4 year old fascination
I think he was excited about his cake.

Owen has been telling me for months that he is going to be Spiderman for Halloween. Months. So, I figured his birthday would be the perfect time to gift him this much desired disguise. However, as soon as he opened the Spidey get-up, he didn't want to have anything to do with it. Everything about it totally freaked him out. He didn't even want to look at it. I had Eva put it on to show him how much fun it was to be Spiderman and he ran away in terror. I brought it out again a few days after the party thinking the fear may have subsided, and he ran away screaming and hid in his bed. So, he may not be Spiderman after all. He claims he wants to be a dragon again, which is what he has been the last two years. The old standby dragon costume, however, is size 18-24 months, and I am pretty sure he was in pain last year trying to squeeze his little self into it.
His other presents, however, were received with open arms. He adores his new train set from G&G Chenn, and his tub boat from Maria.
After his party, we headed to a Mets game. Owen is a baseball fanatic, so this was a treat for him. Every time we see the Mets play they lose. Every time. So, either we are bad luck, or they stink. Our girls are beginning to think we should be Yankees fans. I don't follow baseball enough to really be a fan of either team, but I think we will try our Yankee luck next.

Owen used his high-powered binoculars to catch all of the action.

One thing the Mets have going for them is their in-stadium Shake Shack. This is home to the one hamburger in NYC that Owen will eat entirely - and maybe ask for more. A delicious way to end Owen's fourth. We love you Mr. Owen!


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Owen!! He and Andrew/Simon look so big in those pics! I love that he is a baseball fan. I am pretty sure every time we went they lost too.
What a fun birthday for Owen! About the repeat Halloween costumes, I think Abraham was a fireman for 2 or even 3 years in a row...
magic!
I love the photos of him eating the burger and his reaction to the cake! So darling! He's looking so grown up all of a sudden!
Post a Comment