Saturday, August 9, 2008

Missing Ella



So, the Theurers have been gone now for almost two weeks- and they have been missed every day. Every time we head to the park- Owen sees a stroller that matches the description of Ella's stroller perfectly: a grey and blue Maclaren Techno. I see him spot the stroller, squeal with delight, and then proceed to run (with a skip in his step) proclaiming "El-la, El-la, El-la!!!!"

He is sure he will find her in the passenger seat. He peeks around the side of the stroller and finds it occupied by an unfamiliar brunette or blond. Can't be Ella. Then comes his confused look to mommy, and the tug on my heart strings.....

I know Owen, I miss them too. At least we have this very cute video that Rachel put together to bring back old memories. Thanks Rachel, we still watch this daily- much to Owen's delight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen is a little cutie! There was one part in that video where Maddy was in the shadows and I almost thought it was you! Crazy. In that movie Owen reminds me of Hunter. I wish they could play with each other!

Rachel said...

You have no idea. On the way home from Lake Powell last night Ella kept looking out the window, asking when we were going to get the "bridge by Owen's house." She thought we were going home. I was right there with her, wishing we would come around the corner and there it would be. The Queensborough bridge with River Walk underneath it. Even better, we would be rolling into town in a black, pimped out Expedition (8 seatbelts), musing over father's day gifts and enjoying a "quiet" ride home from Philly.

ZAC said...

oh sooo sad... :( It will be interesting for you to see if this relationship continues throughout the years, huh?

Emily said...

Hey, this is Emily McArthur. I got your blog sight from Amy Stark. We're now south of Houston. I hope you guys are well.

Bippert Family said...

I LOVE THE VIDEO! Why, oh why, do we have to live on opposite sides of the country????
Miss you all!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey- I hope you're doing okay back at home without mom. How are you feeling? You're probably not doing so hot since you haven't update your family blog for a while...no pressure. I was going to call you the day after surgery but decided to call Sherie to see if she'd heard from you so I could see how you were doing. Much love from us!!

Sara G said...

She is such a beautiful little girl!

Maria Petrova said...

Rachael... Rachael, here is a gleaming golden statue for you! This is the most thrilling video I've ever seen!