Friday, January 2, 2009

We're Baaaack!

Oh, I have missed my home. Don't get me wrong, I have loved spending our holiday with family, but it is nice to be back. In my own time zone. In my own bed. Even if my fridge is entirely empty and I don't have a Fresh Direct order coming until tomorrow morning.
Our family had a great time in Utah, the children especially. Both Maddy and Eva have voiced their desire to move to UT about 100 times in the last 16 hours. Of course, their view of UT is a place where eternal parties (attended by cousins) take place, because basically that is what we did for the entirety of our vacation. I think they would be a little disappointed with what life ended up being like if a move back ever occurred.
I will post pictures when life gets a little more orderly around here (aka suitcases all unpacked) but for now, here is a glimpse of what our flight to Utah was like. After wrestling a 2-year-old for the 5 hour span of our non-stop flight to Salt Lake, I did not think things could get scarier.....but, they did.
Marc and I are both pretty certain that if it were not for the 5 missionaries on board, we would all be toast :).

5 comments:

Lise said...

Wow Theresa that sounds really scary. I can't believe you were the one on the news! I am so glad that it all worked out.

Chan The Man said...

And thus starts Theresa's television career. It was great to see you guys.

Brady and Carol Greenhalgh said...

I like that you were laughing through the interview, but the chick who was reporting on the scene was super solemn. I think it brought a certain yin and yang to the whole production.
I think your interview spurned a made for TV movie. :)

Bippert Family said...

How did the kids do during the landing? No girlish screams from Marc, I hope? Ya, I think the interviewer was looking for a little more drama from you. That alone was pretty funny to watch. Great Job on keeping it real Theresa!
-Julie

Maria Petrova said...

oh theresa! what a fright you guys must have had!!! my sweet chenns! you did absolutely great, articulate as always. so glad you guys made it out of there safe & sound.