This picture is of their first lesson. Eva could hardly stay up on the ice. Madeline was pretty steady, but was pretty much shuffling most of the time.
Before they took lessons, they spent most of their time circling the periphery of rink, holding on to the gate as they shuffled along.
Here is Eva getting a little more confidence with Mom's help.
I feel bad I didn't take more footage of their ice skating. Their last class was two weeks ago, and both of them had improved considerably. This is something we will definitely do again next year.

4 comments:
Yay for ice skating! I used to be an ice skater. I am so bummed that we have never been ice skating since we have lived here- I have been pregnant or the one year I wasn't pregnant I kept thinking "oh we will do it next year". Your kids are so lucky to dip their hands into so many things- they will be very talented indeed!
Sweet! Ice skating is always fun. Eva looks like she's getting it down in that video clip.
woooooow! i need to learn to do this! go eva & maddy! you girls did such a good job!
Theresa, you're girls are so goreous! I can't believe how they've grown. It was sure fun getting to know you and VTing you a little bit, thanks for putting up with your crazy upstairs neighbors ;) You guys look like you had a blast ice skating. I had forgotten you were on the east coast. Are you actually in the city? We've lived in the Albany area since this last October. It would be fun to look you up next time were down south.
Post a Comment