Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Transit Museum



So this post goes way back. I think we went to the transit museum in June. Oh well!

The transit museum is located in Brooklyn, and is actually contained within an old Subway station. It contains models, replicas and actual pieces of subway cars, buses and bridges.
Old Subway car. I think it was a car from the late thirties. It had "cushioned" seats, and ceiling fans. The girls made it very clear that they wish that subway cars these days were this fancy.


Don't let this picture give you any ideas as to what you should do during your next visit to the transit museum. The workers quickly nixed Eva's olympic ring routine.



But not before Owen got a turn to try it out. He makes it look so easy.....



The crew in the "money car." Supposedly this car was used to transport money. There were tables and lockers in it- but no money. Disappointing.


If only we could trade in some of the current racy advertisements in the subway for some wholesome Campbells soup ads from yesteryear......

Or Grapenuts would do. I love that it used to be Grape=Nuts. Absolutely peerless.


Eva was so pleased to find a blue train car. Blue! It even had cushy seats! Double score!



Owen took a bus for a spin. Madeline provided him with driving pointers.




Owen is driving this bus. It is hard to see him because his little head barely peers above the steering wheel. You can see his BYU hat and his hand. It is pushing the 3-year-old driving competition out of the way.



Eva pumping gas. I had two thoughts when I saw this: 1. It will be a strange day when she is actually doing this, and 2. I really haven't missed pumping gas over the past two years......

Watch out world.....in about 8 years you may find her on the road. Hopefully not driving this.

1 comments:

Maria Petrova said...

oh Theresa, you guys are so delightful, and your captions are so witty!