Last month Marc had the opportunity to go up to Boys Scout Camp with the young men in our church congregation. Realizing he was only staying one night, I relayed to him how much fun I thought he would have if he brought Owen along.....and how relaxing my Friday night would be with just the girls :).
Their stay was short, but Owen loved every minute of it. He was enamored with all of the wildlife he found. There were small frogs like this everywhere in the campground.
There were also orange salamanders (or maybe they are lizards?) crawling everywhere as well. You can see a video of Owen enjoying a salamander below. I think it is hilarious that he claims that the salamander "pinched" him. I think he was a bit terrified...but excited too- these are definitely animals we don't encounter in NYC.
Marc brought the pack-n-play along and Owen slept like a dream. Of course he was thoroughly worn out and it was past 11 pm when camp turned in for the night, so I am sure that all helped. Marc and Owen slept in a half cabin. You can see it in the video below. I liken it to an animal stable :). If I would have known what he would be sleeping in, I don't know if I would have been so eager to have him tag along.


1 comments:
OMG he is so brave! I wouldn't be so eager to be anywhere near a lizard. And that looks like an animal stable indeed!
Post a Comment