Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lifestyles of the un-Rich and un-Famous :)

So, if any of you were assuming that our life here in New York City is a glamorous one, this post is for you. I decided to document our weekly trip to Costco to illustrate this point. I love Costco. I have shopped here pretty much the entirety of our seven years of marriage on a weekly basis. I like getting a good deal, and now that our family has grown to 5, buying in bulk really makes sense. One of the big selling features for me about our apartment building was its proximity to Costco. I took it as a sign that we should live here when I could see Costco from the rooftop :). The trip by foot is not bad. On the way to Costco, the kids pile into the strollers, and Marc and I push. On the way back the girls walk and the groceries get to ride. Owen pops into his Ergo Carrier on Dad's back and squeals with delight. Total walking time is probably an hour, which is a good Saturday exercise. The girls have built up their endurance and have stopped telling us they are tired every 2 minutes so it has become much more enjoyable. We took some pictures and video along the way so you could see how luxurious it is to live in NYC- it will make you kiss your car tonight.

2 comments:

Marla said...

Seriously, I am kissing my car right now...

I think you're one tough woman Theresa! I would've curled into fetal position by now.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind I have been reading your blog. Oddly I found it since I came across the link on the Roosevelt Island 360. I am sooooo happy that you documented the journey to Costco- those are all my same thoughts and feelings and aches and pains about city living and trips to costco in the city. Haha I feel like it is my personal mission to prove to all suburbians how un-glamourous this place really is. Good for you to take the whole fam to Costco!