Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Reliving the Glory Days




For those of you who may not know, Marc was on the BYU Track Team in his undergraduate years at BYU. Some of his fondest memories from these years are of his experiences with his teammates, coaches, and of course traveling to/competing in meets.


This last weekend we hosted a "Track Reunion" of sorts at our building here in NYC. The BYU coaches were out here for a track meet at the Manhattan Armory, and several of his teammates from years past were able to travel out here for the meet and the dinner afterward at our place. As a group they tried to organize some fund raising efforts and ideas for the future of BYU track. It was great to have everyone together- I know that Marc absolutely loved it. There was talk of an "Alumni" Track Meet in Provo some time next year, and I could see the sparkle in Marc's eye as he thought about sliding back into the old blue spandex. I guess there is a reason we have saved those singlets all these years.........:)






2 comments:

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Hi Chenns! Lizzie just sent me your link--it's so fun to reconnect. If you are bored, you can check us out at teambowler.blogspot.com. FYI, I'm not that good at keeping it updated, so don't check too often :o)

Leasha said...

I can just see Marc's face getting excited as they talk about an alumni meet :) Ahh, the glory days...