This cute little redhead will be leaving us soon. She is off to Houston with her parents for new adventures. Ella has been a part of Owen's life for pretty much his entire NYC experience, so it will be a very sad goodbye. She must rank high on his list of people because Owen can only currently verbalize three names. She is on the short list: Momma, Daddy, El-la.
My girls will miss her too. Eva has decided that we should either have Ella in our family, or that she should be adopted into Ella's- and she leans toward the latter choice most days. Madeline loves to "take care of" Ella, who is a willing participant to all of her make-believe ideas. Tonight Ella was Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, a Butterfly, and Prince Charming courtesy of our dress up box, and our imaginative 6-year-old.
I will miss Rachel- our many long talks, Costco runs, zoo trips, park visits, and NYC explorations. She is a big part of why I love this city so much. I am hoping I can see through the crowded subways, dirty streets, and occasional unfriendly city folk when she is gone. Marc and I will miss Matt, and the humor and fun he brings to our group outings (Marc will miss your sympathetic ear :)
We will miss the Theurers!
Houston is one lucky city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I already miss them! Great post. I loved it.
I miss you guys too. Hope all is well.
i'm sorry they are leaving! i know Rachel really wanted to stay. it's so hard to say goodbye to close friends! i heard own say "ella" in nursery...so sweet!
Oh....it was a sad goodbye. A bit frantic, and rushed but entertaining. If only the camera had been filming Owen as we drove away. Definitely one to remember :)
Post a Comment