Monday, September 22, 2008

Calling all Runners......


After taking a 3 month hiatus from exercising (I blame this on a bunch of stuff, but really I have just been lazy), I went for a run tonight and it was BEAUTIFUL. Gorgeous weather.

Running along the shoreline of RI is awesome because you get to be inspired by the majesty of Manhattan throughout the entirety of your workout. And the weather right now is amazing. I love NYC in the fall. LOVE it.

However, I do realize that it will be only a few short months before I will be running like a hamster on the treadmill indoors again....and I need some tunes to inspire me.

I went to itunes last night to download some music and I had no idea where to begin. I have not listened to the radio in more than a year now. Seriously. For me no car= no radio.
I know that a bunch of you who read this are runners, so give me some music suggestions! I would love it! It doesn't have to be recent stuff either- just whatever. My only requirement would be that the music needs to have clean lyrics- my kids listen to my i-pod probably more than I do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I have been needing the same thing to fill my "Excercise Playlist" I will (hopefully) be down there on the treadmill with you- well not the same treadmill- anyway, I am loving Coldplay's Viva la Vida, KT Tunstall Suddenly I See (though she says the h-e -double hockey sticks I think) and I know these are kindy cheesy but Enrique Eglasias Do You Know, and Miley Cyrus See You Again. All of them just get me moving and excited to excercise- or clean!

Rachel said...

Oh dear....is this what having us as never ending guests has done to you?

Brady and Carol Greenhalgh said...

Reach up for the Sunrise - Duran, Duran,(workout remix), Holding Out For a Hero (workout remix), I Hate Myself For Loving You, Run Around - Blues Traveler, Call Me - Blondie, Light and Day - The Polyphonic Spree to name a few that I enjoy quite a lot.
Hey, by the way, I'm going to be out in New Hampshire for a couple of weeks in November/December. We should do the whole New York thing again!

Lizzie said...

Sounds like a great run! I wish I could go running with you & have the view of Manhattan!
Here are some of my favorite running tunes as of late (cheesy but fun):
With You (Chris Brown)
Crush (David Archuleta)
Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfeild)
Love Song (Sara Bareilles)
Get'cha head in the game (high school musical)

Some old faves:
RESPECT (Aretha Franklin)
I Feel Good (James Brown)

That's all I can think of for now. Have fun running!

xo.
Lizzie

Sara G said...

I'm yours & You & I Both--Jason Mraz
If you are an American Idol fan than...
Crush--David Archuleta, alot of Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks & Kelly Clarkson. And check out Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, oh and I asked this question a while back on my health blog, you can check it out. Have fun running!
http://sarahealthjournal.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-favorite-running-songs.html

Justin + kelly said...

Oh the never ending question eh? I like songs that give a beat at the same pace I run. I find I end up running to the beat. so I like more up beat songs. My favorites are anything googoodolls (esp. black balloon and slide), pink (esp. who knew), U2- pride in the name of love, all american rejects- move along (dont be fooled by the name :), the fray- how to save a life, and the numb_encore remix that linkin park and jayz did. Although now that I think about it they say "hell" a bit. Anyways, hope that helps.

The Qian Family said...

Great question! I need to put some tunes on my I-shuffle and get running. Good luck!

Dinah said...

I love to run listening to the outside noises and the inspiring thought in my heat :) Its unfortunate that we have to run on a treadmill during the winter. That said, I enjoy a healthy dose of latin music to get my legs moving and my hips (come on its latin music). Its upbeat and its fun. Personal favorite is Princessa by Frank Reyes. Most thing from Juanes are also good. Happy running!