Sunday, September 7, 2008

A New York Anniversary

We really enjoyed having my parents in town in August for their anniversary. I have already posted about their trip out here, but I found a few more pictures that I wanted to add to the bunch.My parents took us out to Del Frisco's in Midtown. If you live in NYC and you have not been to Del Frisco's- you should. They have a great "theater special" if you order before 6 (I think it is 6) you can order a prix fixe meal that includes salad, steak, potatoes, bread and dessert all for less than $40 per person. A total steal considering what this would run you if you ordered a la carte. It was good food, and fun to hang out with mom and dad.

After our meal we headed out to show Mom and Dad Times Square. Arguably my least favorite part of NYC, but still worth a visit if you have never been to NY like my mom. It was busy as usual, and VERY rainy. Torrential. We ended up purchasing umbrellas at a local pharmacy, and then 2 minutes later the rain stopped. Of course:)
Then we walked Mom and Dad to their Broadway Show. They had tickets for Wicked- a definite must see- which they thoroughly enjoyed.

4 comments:

Dana Broderick said...

looks like fun! I also saw that you got into the stock exchange! Cool! It's hard not to look at all those pictures and get a little nostalgic!

laurel said...

Del Frisco's is my absolute favorite. Oh, and it's before 6:30!

Jamie and Erin said...

It looks like you're having a lot of fun in NYC! The kids are growing so fast! How do you manage everything? You're amazing. Soraya just started preschool and I'm wondering how I'm going to manage everything! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, those are intense knives at that restaurant...look like daggers.