For Owen, happiness = painting, drawing or sculpting. Especially the latter. At least twice a day I hear the call for "pay-doh!"
The ball of dough and our box of rollers and cookie cutters keeps him busy for about the length of the girls' daily math lesson. So, I too share Owen's love for playdough.
On a related note, Owen has begun drawing faces. It started a few weeks ago, and has definitely flourished. He now draws them everywhere. Even forbidden places like counter and table tops. It is hard to be mad at a smiley face though, even an ill-placed one.
The other day he drew this lovely piece. I think it was a happy day for him.
The ball of dough and our box of rollers and cookie cutters keeps him busy for about the length of the girls' daily math lesson. So, I too share Owen's love for playdough.
On a related note, Owen has begun drawing faces. It started a few weeks ago, and has definitely flourished. He now draws them everywhere. Even forbidden places like counter and table tops. It is hard to be mad at a smiley face though, even an ill-placed one.
The other day he drew this lovely piece. I think it was a happy day for him.


4 comments:
Funny. Luke used to draw the same sullen faced people. It will get even better when he starts drawing a whole family without smiles...
In the laundry room under the sink is an excellent place to leave art.
Okay genius boy that Owen! I think I will frame the pic when Jack starts drawing faces :)
Yeah, how does Owen already know how to do faces??? I bet he's going to be good at drawing like you.
Post a Comment