Friday, April 17, 2009

My Favorite Kind of Day....

Finally. Good weather. I have been waiting for jacket-free weather for much too long. Today we hurried to get our schoolwork done so we could spend most of the day in Central Park. The park is amazingly beautiful right now. Spring has officially arrived.

Our friend Olive had her birthday in the park, so we headed there first. The girls loved seeing their friends, and being "kids" in the warm spring weather. When the party ended we were off to find sandboxes, beautiful flowering trees, bridges, and ponds to throw sticks and rocks in.

We stayed out so long we were able to meet dad in Central Park after he (finally!) got off work. We watched the sunset over the lake, and it was truly magical. I needed a day like today to remind me after a long, long, winter that I love this city.

3 comments:

Marla said...

T- I just love that you are so positive and optimistic about city life and that you do so much to enjoy it and appreciate it. It's a gift you have. Glad you had such a great spring day! We had a good one hear today too...I waddled myself around the Cleveland Zoo for a few hours until I felt like my hips couldn't take it anymore. I'm quite pathetic. :)

Brady and Carol Greenhalgh said...

I'm jealous of your spring day....it snowed like 8 inches out here. Today it's all melted but yesterday it felt like December 1st.

The Qian Family said...

Fun! I loved the feeling when spring arrived this year too---it is magical! It looks like you and your family are truly making the most of your NYC experience, and I love reading about it. We hope to visit there within the next few years. Do you guys plan to stay long-term?