Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gazillion Bubbles

Ever want to know what a Gazillion Bubbles looks/feels like? Well, do I have a show for you!

We needed a way to celebrate the end of our "school year." As I was thinking about some momentous way to have the children properly graduate from their respective grades, I came across some discount tickets to the Gazillion Bubble Show here in Manhattan.


Not only was it just a bubble show......it was also a laser bubble show!


Eva liked it. Can you tell?

The lady who hosted the show was the wife of the original "Gazillion Bubble Show" guy. She took her bubble making seriously. Throughout the show there were constant life metaphors drawn by the narrator that were bubble-centered. I tried not to laugh too hard. Bubbles are like people.....really?

I thought Owen would be all over this show. He is CRAZY about bubbles. But, we found he prefers them one at a time....blown from a small wand....not a Gazillion at once. He could not be pried out of dad's lap and sat there with an expression of pain for the entirety of the show. We now know why there was a 4+ age rule.

Madeline looked obedient enough that she was called from the audience to participate in an on-stage stunt.....the BIG BUBBLE. The four of them were encased in a bubble. Whoa.

Happy Graduation!

2 comments:

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

What a fun show! Your kids are toooo big!

Maria Petrova said...

Theresa, you are such a brilliant writer! So much fun reading this — and everything else you post!