Marc became "one year older and wiser too" last week. He decided he wanted me to make him an apple pie instead of a normal birthday cake. I would take pie over cake any day, so of course I agreed. Yes, Owen has no pants on in this picture, and yes, he is holding the flame gun. I promise that it has a child-proof feature on it. My kids believe that it can "sense" when an adult is holding it (because that is what I told them) and it won't work if a little kid tries to use it. In reality, it is just really hard to use dexterity-wise, so you have to be about 21 to have the physical capacity to squeeze a flame out of it. It brings a smile to my face to watch them look for the "kid sensor" on it though. The joys of parenting :).As you can see, Owen was quite disappointed that we didn't really let him light dad's "cake" up. To add to his disappointment, dad only wanted to put 6 candles on his cake. Two columns of three to signify "33." Owen was hoping for something a lot more spectacular. He knew how old dad really is.
Here we are, singing the birthday song. Owen has cheered up now. You can tell Maddy and Eva are really into it.You can't really tell who is having a birthday in this picture. Eva looks absolutely delighted to be in front of those candles.....AND she is turning six this year. I will have to be careful to archive this one correctly :). Candles are lit, and we are ready to blow them out.....
Once again, Eva's birthday? Marc's Birthday? Hard to tell. After the pie festivities Marc and I were off on a hot date. We went clothes shopping for Marc. He still had not spent a Brooks Brothers gift certificate that I bought for him for our Anniversary last year, so we were looking for some new work garb. We had no clothes shopping luck (they respectfully told Marc that his sizing is so "unusual" that we should have his clothing hand tailored :), so we went to the grocery store! I know, what a fun birthday treat. But truthfully, it was fun just to be out together sans children....even at the grocery store. Thanks for taking the birthday pictures and watching the children Maria!

4 comments:
Poor Marc! Shopping for work clothes can't be fun escp when nothing fits. But I am sure the apple pie made up for it :) Looks yummy. Today at Jack's party Owen was fascinated with the flame gun- now I know why haha and at one point Jack got a hold of it and Eva was like "Jack has the flame gun but that's okay" (She knew it had a child sensor )
YAY YAY YAY!!!
i love pie for bdays. happy birthday marc!
Laughing out loud with the commentary/photo of Owen and the lighter. Happy Birthday Marc! We do pies at our house for birthdays every year. Hope this year is a good one for you.
ps I also thoroughly enjoyed the giraffe family drawing. Sorry Maddy wasn't able to make it.
Post a Comment