Friday, March 27, 2009

Read It

Fantastic book. The author originally wrote this book anonymously, out of fear for her job- that is how controversial it is. She has since come out and revealed her identity as Dr. Grossman- Campus Psychiatrist for UCLA students.

Highly recommended. It is a quick read too. It came out about two years ago- so you should be able to find it at a library near you. If not, here it is on Amazon.

2 comments:

Maria Petrova said...

Quote from the book: "We don't teach young women that sex is biologically, hormonally, and emotionally different for them than it is for men and they are more likely to end up with depression and anxiety issues than the men they have casual relationships with." Unfortunately, this is ABSOLUTELY true, and it's the key to so many problems in the way the sexes relate these days. Not talked about nearly enough. Thanks, T!

Alexis said...

Hey I was in "your" town today. I flew out to go to a friends baptism and when I got to the chapel there was another baptism going on and I was looking in the room to see if your family happened to be there! Unfortunately you were not, but now everyone in the Manhattan 3rd? ward knows that the Chenns in somewhere around Manhattan...anyways it was fun thinking I might just catch a glimpse of your fam!