Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baby No More






It really hit me today that my little Owen is not a baby anymore. We spent most of the day outdoors because the weather was so gorgeous. Owen and Eva were like unleashed animals at the park- it was kind of hilarious. We have not been out to the park in quite some time because of bad weather, and it definitely showed. Owen was up the stairs and down the slide, up the stairs and down the slide. Over and over again. Eva hung out on the swings and ate pizza with Mom. I could not stop taking pictures of Owen today. It was one of those days where you just realize that a time is passing....and you don't really want it to. Owen is our last (unless the forces of divinity strike again) and I am finding myself holding onto his every moment, knowing I might not get another quite like it. Today I watched him going up those playground stairs all by himself, and realized he is a little boy, and not my baby anymore.

5 comments:

Marla said...

You are good to realize it tho' - Davey is 3 and I still call him 'my baby'. It makes Dave crazy. He couldn't be cuter!

Marla said...

Meaning, Owen couldn't be cuter.

Sara G said...

Your post made me cry! I looked at my girls and told them to PLEEEEASE stay babies forever. Owen is an adorable little boy!

Kimber said...

He's so adorable! You've got the most BEAUTIFUL kids!!

Kimber said...

He's so adorable! You've got the most BEAUTIFUL kids!!