We headed down to Coney Island for the first time on Tuesday. It was a subway adventure. We rode the subway for about an hour to get down there. Our destination was the NYC aquarium, although it was fun to see the beach and the boardwalk when we arrived. Some day soon, I will be back with the girls to visit the beach. The kids really enjoyed the aquarium. We ended up meeting up with several other moms/kids from church so it was a party.
Madeline and Eva loved spending time with friends. Owen loved seeing the fishes. "Fish" was one of his first words (pronounced "ish"). He LOVES fishes so he really got a kick out of seeing so many all at once.
The picture below shows him captivated by the jelly fish tank. If you look in his lap, you will see his most prized treasure in the world- his blanket. He wants to carry it everywhere now, and has it in a death grip hold for most of the day. I have to laugh because if you have read the book "Owen" by Kevin Henkes- he is Owen. I imagine someday I will be sending him to kindergarten class with a small square of this beloved blanket in his pocket.
Madeline and Eva loved spending time with friends. Owen loved seeing the fishes. "Fish" was one of his first words (pronounced "ish"). He LOVES fishes so he really got a kick out of seeing so many all at once.
The picture below shows him captivated by the jelly fish tank. If you look in his lap, you will see his most prized treasure in the world- his blanket. He wants to carry it everywhere now, and has it in a death grip hold for most of the day. I have to laugh because if you have read the book "Owen" by Kevin Henkes- he is Owen. I imagine someday I will be sending him to kindergarten class with a small square of this beloved blanket in his pocket.
The picture below is of the girls and I in the courtyard of the Aquarium. It was a bright day, so everyone was having a hard time looking at the camera with happy faces :). I ended up getting a nice red stripe burn on my forearms. Being only April, I had not even given thought to sunscreen before we headed out.

1 comments:
We were so sad to miss the aquarium. I know Dallin would have loved it! (And he'd have loved Owen, too.)
Post a Comment